One lady in Pennsylvania lost 92 pounds by using weight loss and nutrition techniques designed by a popular fitness expert. This lady struggled with weight all of her life and was a chubby kid and an overweight teenager. She was obese in her early adult life and recorded being 70 to 100 pounds overweight. This is definitely a high health risk and diabetes and heart conditions were just “around the corner.” The lady was a school teacher and her students saw a heavy, but happy lady. Why should they eat right and exercise; they saw their teacher as being heavy and happy.
- She signed up to be a contestant on The Biggest Loser, but had little or no faith in herself that she could lose the weight.
- A prominent personal trainer developed a program of both mental and physical exercise. This trainer knew the potential that was inside Ms. Pennsylvania and would not allow less than 100% commitment in fitness and health. The first step, however, was to gear up mentally to talk herself into losing the weight.
- Goals and rewards were set and a journal to document Ms. Pennsylvania’s progress and keep her accountable to exercise programs, eating regimens and mental toughness was developed.
- Give yourself a reward when goals are reached. Write down both the goal and the rewards. For example, you want to lose 10 pounds in a two-week period. Work to that end and treat yourself to a mini-shopping spree if that is your goal and reward. Try not to make rewards sugary and unhealthy food binges.
- To lose 92 pounds you first much change your diet. Try to eat only 800 to 900 calories per day for the first few weeks, but make sure these are not empty calories. Vegetables and fruits plus lean meats in small portions will supply these calories.
- The next step is to increase your calorie consumption by eating fish, meats and grains making sure they are organic and keep eating fruits and vegetables.
- Develop an exercise program. At the very least, walk briskly for at least 30 minutes a day. As you watch television do not sit, but get up and move. Swing your arms, run in place, and do deep knee bends to help with body conditioning. It’s okay to relax, but do it in moderation.
- Follow personal hygiene. By taking care of your outside as well as your inside, you will feel better, lose weight, and begin to look and feel fit.
Follow the mantra “let it go and believe”. Push yourself to new heights and keep growing and changing. Keep your mind active and invested in losing weight by exercising whenever possible and cutting calories from your diet. There are multiple ideas on the web, and personal trainers are great resources. Like Ms. Pennsylvania who lost 92 pounds by following a regimen of exercise and eating plus mental toughness you can gain your healthy body. There is very little you can accomplish if you truly set your mind to it.