Do you ever wonder how you can make small changes that will lead to a big change in your waistline?
Here are smart tips for dropping pounds and keeping them off too:
- 1. Eat low-fat salads before lunch and dinner to eat 10 percent fewer calories during the day.
- 2. Instead of liberally applying salad dressing, dip your fork into the dressing and then stab the lettuce to cut hundreds of calories.
- 3. Instead of ordering a lunch entrée, choose two appetizers instead – like soup and salad.
- 4. Rather than eating out of a super-sized bag, only indulge in smaller single serving chip bags.
- 5. Walk while on the phone for 10 minutes a day to burn 1,000 calories a month and 3 lbs a year.
- 6. Skip the latte and learn to love black coffee to cut out loads of excess calories each day.
- 7. Snack on a handful of mixed nuts to boost your fiber and feel more satiated all day long.
- 8. Stand for two hours a day while you work to burn 140 calories per hour and 6 lbs a year.
- 9. Sleep for 7-8 hours a night to decrease stress, appetite and stored body fat.
- 10. Double your protein levels to build more muscle and preserve existing muscle tissue.
- 11. Keep a food and exercise log to track your achievements and maintain focus.
- 12. Consume dairy like a piece of cheese, a cup of milk or yogurt every day to boost metabolism.
- 13. Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day to feel fuller and eat less throughout the day.
- 14. Avoid white bagels, breads, corn, rice and potatoes, choosing healthy whole grains instead.
- 15. Have an apple before every meal to boost your fiber and control your appetite.
- 16. Learn to love dancing with your kids to burn as many calories (120/20 minutes) as stair-climbers.
- 17. Eat breakfast every day to reduce your obesity and diabetes risk by 35 to 50 percent.
- 18. Only eat loaves of whole grain bread to reap the benefits of fiber and better nutrition.
- 19. Indulge your sweet tooth a little – but not too much – with a handful of M&Ms.
- 20. Brush your teeth after every meal or chew gum to cut back on habitual eating.
With all these little sensible decisions, you’ll find that it’s much easier to begin losing weight. The average person gains 1-2 pounds per year, but you can avoid gaining this year by focusing on nutrition and fitness and being willing to make the necessary changes to live a richer, longer and fuller life. For more information on how to lose 10 pounds per month, visit www.chitownbootcamps.com.