Everyday consumers are inundated by advertisements from companies trying to sell “speedy weight loss programs”. You know the ones. We hear things like: Lose the weight you want just by drinking 3 of these shakes a day, or taking 2 of these natural diet pills a day will increase your metabolism causing you to loose 10 pounds in a week, or how about the famous “point system” advertising you can eat whatever you want as long as you don’t go over your daily points. Everyone knows there isn’t a legitimate weight loss program that produces the miracles mentioned. The best way to lose weight and get into shape is by changing your eating habits and exercise routine. The professionals at a Chicago gym have the expertise to assist you with this and not “BS” you with lose weight fast schemes.
There are some immediate steps you can take to begin a healthy lifestyle change. That is what being healthy is about; a lifestyle change. Take a look at these immediate changes you can make prior to finding a Chicago gym. These steps will get you started on the right track.
• Increase your water intake to a minimum of 64 ounces to one gallon a day.
• Eliminate regular and diet sodas. By replacing a daily 20oz soda with water you could lose approximately 35 pounds a year.
• Cut back or eliminate drinking alcohol. Alcohol is empty calories of pure concentrated sugar.
• STAY OUT of the snack aisle at the grocery store. Do not even give yourself the opportunity to succumb to temptation.
• Avoid eating chips, cookies, popcorn, candy, cakes, ice cream; these foods are loaded with bad carbohydrates and sugar, and believe it or not actually make you hungrier after eating them.
• Avoid processed foods. These are a killer because once again they are loaded with bad carbs and unhealthy ingredients. Just don’t buy them.
• Plan your meals ahead of time. By planning ahead you avoid last minute runs to fast food joints or eating unhealthy processed meals. Lean cuisine is not a healthy meal!
• Make a grocery list and stick to it. Make sure the list exist of lean protein, green vegetables, and healthy carbohydrates such as brown rice or yams.
By taking action with these steps you will notice a change in your weight and mood. Eating healthy provides many benefits. The next step is to find a Chicago gym that meets your needs so the exercise and good eating habits work together. Get rid of the unhealthy lifestyle and add richness to your life by making these simply and easy changes.