Fitness. Is it a part of your life? Do you incorporate some kind of fitness routine in your daily regimen? If you aren’t then let me explain some reasons why you should. You see, I want Chicago fitness to be a part of your life.
I want Chicago to be the healthiest town in Illinois so I’m going to provide you with some important information that will help you and help Chicago!
Exercise should be a part of everyone’s daily routine. There are many benefits when you participate in regular physical activity.
You know, things like maintaining a healthy weight, increasing the longevity of your life, improving your health (things like cholesterol, blood pressure, and diabetes), and of course feeling and looking younger.
Ok, maybe you are a young person reading this, so for you it will help sustain your youth longer. One of the other great benefits of exercise is your energy level will increase and you will be happier. Allow me to break the benefits down for you:
• Helps manage your weight – by engaging in regular exercise you burn calories. The more vigorous the exercise, the more calories you burn. Any additional exercising during the day will burn even more. Take the stairs when you can instead of using the elevator. Park your car further away from store entrances and walk. Go for a walk at night instead of watching TV.
• Improves cholesterol – exercise increases your high density lipoprotein (HDL) the good cholesterol and lowers triglycerides and low density lipoprotein (LDL) the bad cholesterol. As a result, build up of plaque is reduced therefore allowing blood to smoothly flow through your arteries.
• Reduce high blood pressure – physical activity makes your heart stronger allowing it to pump more blood with less effort. It lowers the systolic blood pressure (top number) by 5 -10 millimeters of mercury.
• Prevent or control type II diabetes – physical exercise promotes weight loss and increases insulin activity. It’s a known fact that increased belly fat can cause diabetes. Research has shown for those who exercise on a regular basis lower their chance of developing the disease by 22%.
• Increases your energy – exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues which helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently and ultimately supplying you with more energy.
• Improves your mood and makes you happy – regular exercise releases chemicals in your brain that relax you and leave you feeling happier. It can also boost your confidence because you are feeling better overall.
As you can see there isn’t a negative side effect to daily exercise. It should be on your “to-do list” at least four to five days a week at some quality Boot camp like Chicago Boot Camp.
Keep in mind, if you have an existing health condition you should speak with your physician prior to establishing a workout regimen.